1.18.2007

AVG Antivirus VS PC Tools Antivirus

...............and PC Tools Antivirus WON. Hands down.

The problem I had with AVG is that every single folder I would access, it would detect whatever that was in that folder as a Torjan/Virus and will prompt me to Heal/Quarantine/Ignore. Whenever I click Heal, another alert would pop-up saying that another file is infected. Even though I healed the files repeatedly, it will STILL alert me saying that it is a threat and will lead to the file being corrupt and wont allow the program associated with the file to run.

Surfing forums and antivirus websites, finally it came down to PC Tools Antivirus, and it worked real well. Detected the same virus/trojan AVG did, but it got rid of it. Pretty simple and also it monitors any files being changed illegally by any program/software/tool/etc.

I was using Bob's computer and it had the SAME TROJAN....what the hell? it spread through our network? So i did the same for him and got rid of the trojan. At times I wonder, these idiots who have too much free time creating trojans should really be concentrating on something else!

No comments: