3.14.2005

ACER Service Center is DA BOMB!!

I was actually kinda hoping for a lil quarrel at the Acer Service Center in Melaka to go something like this:

Service Center idiot: Sigh, ini benda sudah rosak liao, tak bley pakai algi wor, warrantly pula sudah tarak lagi, ini mesti beli baru punya....

So ready with my warranty card and after studying it thoroughly, my case was that components such as Optical Drives are under warranty for 3years and there should be no reason that it is not replacable.

When I got there, I just said, "Something is wrong with my DVDRW Combo Drive. I think..." The service center superman fellar stopped me in my tracks, "Laptop please..." I was like stunned, but managed to get my laptop outta muh bag in my stunned state, and what I saw was Magic...no...no..not joking..literally MAGIC baybee!!!

He took my laptop from me, turned it upside down, took out a bar code scanner, scanned the bar code beneath my laptop, poof some stuff came out on his computer monitor. Took a screwdriver out, (at this part, I was getting a lil bit nervous, wht the hell does he need a screwdriver for???)..he stared unscrewing all the screws in my laptop, by this time i was already twiddling my thumbs...he successfully took my laptop apart in less than 5minutes!!! Keyboard, monitor, battery, underside panel all where everywhere!! then he flicked one lil button and out came my DVDRW Combo Drive. whoooaaaaa....magic~~~!!! It turns out that my drive wasnt a hot swappable one. Anyhow, he scanned summore stuff and poof a lil piece of paper started to print. I was just watching the paper being printed and by the time it was fully printed, the receipt of course, my laptop was in one piece again.

whooooaaaa. I just stood there smiling at the Superman Acer Service Center Dude....excellent service man!!!!!!!! and they even said that they will clean my laptop for me, the monitor and all :D

No comments: