2.14.2005

Chinese New Year

Soooo hot lar! I cannot wait till it rains, it is so hot that I am actually scared to go out of the house. My aunt and cousins came down for a visit along with my adorable niece. We had a great time, talking about stuff over lunch and then later went to Jonker walk to look for antique furniture. I was dreading the trip to town, so I geared up properly, wrist band (to wipe the sweat off my head) and sun glasses and I was amazed to see Melaka was literally deserted! We passed many houses bearing the red cloth draped accross their door frames, but the wierd thing was, almost all the houses were......locked up, no one at home....I was like huh? whoa some celebration huh? hehe

My aunt and cousins just came back from the U.K. trip they just recently got back from and the usual ritual is, buy chocolates for relatives, so I had my fair share of Flake and Kit Kat. hehe. I already decided on what to wear for the Impressions PROM 2005 Sparc/MMUBC/Tourism Club. Simple but tasteful I have to say. Nothing fancy pantsy..hehe. No connection is killing me..I think I already mentioned that in my earlier blog entry. I can hear the fireworks outside my house, I guess the CNY are just beginning huh when everything is cool and nice, not duing the day when it is blazing hot. MIGHT go to PD tomorrow, but yet to tell dad, cos I have a feeling he wouldnt want to go, so basically I am throwing gems up in the air, he just hasn't caught them yet. Today had a clean up at my house, contrary to the Chinese, where cleaning is like a Taboo on CNY, but hey we aint celebrating. hehe. We had our Chinese New Year eve dinner at Secret Recipe, dad had Lamb Chops, I had Chicken Kebab and mom had this Singaporean Laksa and my lil bro had his favorite Tiramisu (he wasnt that hungry). SUPRISINGLY there was another smal elderly chinese couple having dinner there too! hehe and they had the works, Milkshakes, Slices of Cakes, Soups, Salads and a few main dishes.

Later on that night, around 10.15pm, my dad and I were sort of lazy and didnt really know what to do, so we decided to go to Tesco, just for the hell of it, since it closes at 1am on festive occasions heheh. There were not many people around that time and it was really suprising, where are all the Malaccans?? After getting bored in Tesco, my dad and I hit the mamak stall, where another favorite past time was going on, watching Wrestling on big screen tv with a teh tarik in hand. It was sort of interesting as I gave up wrestling a few years ago but we still watched it anyway...because...yes..we were bored. Went back around 12am and I was STILL bored, and glued myself to the Tv, relying on Astro to quench my boredom and it sorta worked.

No comments: